2 years ago, about this time in the middle of Times Square in New York I stood amidst 100,000 (probably more) people. While I had some of the best times I have ever had and crave for it every time the New Year dawns, this was the day I found out that in this world, you need to find your solid ground because amidst all these people, when the clock stoke 12 - I was in reality alone.
I remembered clearly what I wanted, and what I expected, what I got and what I didn't.
This day in 2008 I learnt to love myself before others. I grew up.
Last year in 2009 I told myself to live with less expectations. Less expectations in others, but more expectations in myself. I told myself to drive myself further, push myself harder and be ultimately, independent.
And in 2010 I did just that. (Or at least, tried)
In 2010, I learnt that I am one stubborn cookie. I remembered times when I hit my rock bottom, but as saying goes, when you hit rock bottoms, you need to gather courage to stand up, for if we look at it, there is no way else but up. Life was designed to bring us down only to show how strong we really are.
In 2010 I learn that my biggest fear, is failing myself.
I learnt that I am determined to the point that if I were to wake up one day and have nothing to strive for, then I have failed myself.
In 2011, I am going to enter it knowing what I want, and how to get it. I know this is as cliche as it gets, but I am ready for whatever life is going to throw at me in 2011, for I know now,
No matter what happens, for everyday I wake up, I know I have a the greatest gift of all. Life.
Friday, 10 December 2010
Are you ready for Part 2 of my Christmas wish list?
1. A Dior eye shadow pallet in Purple-ish colours. Dior makes THE BEST eye shadow.
(Fine I am a bit biased and have not tried many brands, but its true)
I think this pallet number 970
2. A Set of brushes from The Body Shop AND a make up bag.
I am tired of using my hands and getting everything glittery. And I am tired of putting my make up in a lunch box.
3. A really good piece of steak.
No, I am not talking a good piece off a men. I got mine already albeit he isn't that meaty.
Its so hard to find amazingly cooked meat at the restaurants these days. :P
4. A good classic board game.
And I meant classic only because I don't like explaining the rules every time we want to play.
Something like Risk or Monopoly would be great. :D
I never have anything to entertain my guest with here in Bodung. Could be nice if I had some board games.
Okay got to go to work now, I have Part 3! Promise I'll be done after part 3,4,5,6,7,8, ....., 39849237402794
Friday, 3 December 2010
So, this are stuff I
wish (probably need to buy myself) list. Some superficial, some I actually really need but cannot come to terms with parting with my hard earned money. Fml.
On no order of preference what-so-ever.
2. A camera bag to put my camera in. If am going spend all my money on the camera itself, where am I to find money for a bag too? So Santa, I would like a nice bag for my camera please, A Crumpler 7 million dollar home in Red would be nice as I definitely do not want a ugly regular looking camera bag.
3. Hunter Boots in Navy Blue colour. Which Magnar sort of said he would get it for me, but even if he doesn't I would definitely go get it myself when I head to Scotland. So Santa, you don't have to get me this. :D
4. A new running shoe. A Nike Free would be lovely. You have no idea how ugly mine is since I use it all the bludeh time. I live in my working out shoes I am desperately in need of a new one
5. YSL Arty Oval ring. This ring is simply uh.mah.zing.
6. A new agenda/wallet preferably from Mulberry or Miu Miu. Actually Santa, what I really want is a new bag, but since they cost way too much money. I can settle with smaller things I use daily. And as of right now, nothing is more important than a good organizer. :)
7. A new knitted sweater, in beige or camel.
Santa I freeze often because I simply do not have any warm clothes. :P
Santa, I need to go now, but I will come back with Part 2.