Tuesday 29 September 2009

106. Tried and tested recipes!


I have always wanted to make a blog category about really simple, but good recipes I find online, I have tried and tested. And obviously have to taste quite good.

I guess the emphasize here is simple, good, tried and tested recipes.

But for now, here is my haven't-failed-me-yet muffin recipe!
I personally think it is one of the best muffin/cupcake recipe ever! And it is super simple to make!

Ingredients :
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
  2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups
  3. Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries. Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins. Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates. Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese. Bacon Muffins: Fold 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon, broken into bits
  4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.



The main reason about why I love my cupcakes/muffin is mainly because, there is almost n way you can go wrong with some new additional flavours to fit your personal taste!

For instance, the last batch I made, some had raisins, some had chocolate chips, some had while chocolate chunks, some had Oreo's in it, some even had Reese Peanut butter cups stuck in the middle of the muffins! And they all still tasted ridiculously good.

For easier recipe searching, I am going to call this tab, CookingWithLisa. :)

Out of curiosity, What is your favorite cupcake/muffin flavour?

2 comments:

Queen Messy said...

I think Reeses would me my favourite flavor :)

Lisa! said...

I'll bake some for you sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails