Saturday 27 June 2009

057. Pictures


Personally my best picture yet. (Except that smudge in the mirror)
Kuala Kedah, Kedah

This would probably be the last bunch of pictures for the Malaysia 09 trip! It's about time I started blogging about something else. :)

Sometimes when you think and look back at Malaysia, you come to realize only in this country you get loads of funny things happening. For instance, what other country in the world would welcome you with such open hands? Other countries says "Welcome" (or whatever in their own language), we do it our way! We tell you about our law for capital punishment. Don't you feel so welcomed already? :)

They make it known each time you land that there is a death penalty on drugs. Oh, I get it already!

Which other country do you know of, have got an invisible First Aid Kit! :) 
I could only imagine how we would treat someone in an event of an emergency. Personally, I think the boat attendee(?) would probably preform magic say you cut your hands. 

Picture taken from the ferry from Pulau Langkawi to Kuala Kedah 

Only in Malaysia as well, that there is a line of 50 people even when this sign is put up and with no cashier in sight or a next counter.
Above all, Johanne was at the front of it all, people must think that foreigners must be idiotic. Haha! *in all fairness, there is a long story behind this. But we can take that up some other time! 
That bikini's is better worth an hour of my time Johanne and dinner with the relatives! Hrmph! Haha!

Only in Malaysia as well, you get to play spot the unique signs. :)

Ahem, yeah. Keep your kisses for home I suppose?

The other absolutely ludicrous things about Malaysia is that for example in Putrajaya, there are bridges build that really leads nowhere. It was supposed to be build for a LRT to run through but since they ran out of money, *coughcorruptioncough* there are bridges and buildings just built for aesthetic value.  *Need to get the picture of that one soon!

Above all, what Malaysia is so unique for is that our government seem to have more drama than a Spanish telenovela. I asked the question of "How are the politics now in Malaysia" and really, absolutely no one I asked know how to keep up. It really was like a drama, if you missed one episode, there goes you cannot catch up.

In all that, Malaysia is still "Truly Asia"

There is always plenty of good food to go around. Of all kinds! 

I simply love fresh oysters! They say it's an aphrodisiac. Makes you get kinky and all. Could that explain my behavior?


 Only in Malaysia as well, 

You really get to see so many different religion all compacted into such a small space.
Sometimes you get churches, mosques, wat's, temples, kuils within 5 minutes radius of each other.

Really, for me, it is hard to tell that Malaysia is a third world country by looking at it's infrastructure. 

Only at home do I get a fully stocked fridge filled with chocolate at your own disposal.


Our beaches is quite all-right really. Might not be the best, might not have bikini ladies, but I am sure you could find something to do anyways :)

So, really Malaysia isn't too bad, it does come with it's flaws and all. But it really is Truly Asia.

*I wish I could write more coherently about my experience and all, but this would have to do for now. Got to get ready for a trip into Oslo! :)

Above all, people you meet there are just absolutely amazing. 
Dr.Yee, is some super big boss in Intel Malaysia, known him forever almost. :)
I remember when I was younger I loved to tickle him. 

"Yeah I could dream more then
Yeah I believe more then
That this world could only get better
Yeah I was free more then
I could pretend more then
That this life could only show me good times
Once, when I was little"

-Once when I was little, James Morrison

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails