Thursday 28 January 2010

187. Steps to feeling beautiful






I got on the scale for the first time since before Christmas, yesterday.
And, of course to my complete horror I added a few pounds over the months. 
I was horrified and quite disgusted at myself for allowing me to get this way. 


Well, to make things short. I hate self pitying (any form of it) so, I do what I do best, make myself feel better. You can only make others feel better when you yourself feel good.





And I think my steps work wonderfully each and every time for me. Maybe it'll work for you too?


So whenever I am feeling a bit down for whatever reason. This are the things I do.


1. Wash your hair, blow dry, treat it.
2. Take a long shower. I think there is something really therapeutic about standing and washing away everything. Every dirt and every grime (metaphorically speaking and literally, unfortunately it doesn't wash pounds away though. :P)
3. Give yourself a mini facial. I find something really calming about a tight clean skin.
4. Get dolled up! Make yourself feel good. Pick out something funny and funky. Play with colours.
 If you go around in sweats and baggy clothes feeling sorry for yourself, what do you think that makes you feel inside?
5. Surround yourself with people who are worth your time. People who makes you feel like a million dollar. People who would think you are beautiful regardless. 
6. Know that every bad day eventually ends. And you'll just come out of it a better cleaner person! :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails