Saturday 11 July 2009

066. Distraction







So, summer is here, and almost gone for that matter, I haven't gotten myself a job. Haven't done as much swimming as I have hoped for, considering the weather have been quite dreadful. So shucks™. :)

Everyone is either working or is on vacation, thus, I have been doing almost nothing except catching up on long lost reading time. Which mind you, I throughly enjoyed. So, no complaints here. It's a good bargain if you ask me. It's been a really long time since I have sat down and read without any distraction.

So far since the start of the summer, I have read. And all, I would highly recommend! 
  • The Diary of A Young Girl, by Anne Frank
  • Night, by Elie Wiesel
  • The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
  • The Know-It-All, by A.J. Jacobs
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki
Since I still have some time left of the summer vacation, and the job interest is dying out by the minute, I have compiled a list of books I would hope to read by the end of this month. It's easier compiling books I want to read then to actually sit and read them, and every time you plan on reading them, something newer, better, (or so you think) comes up! Then you end up putting it on hold, and till now, you have never read it.

And this to me, is the case for Harry Potter. Believe it or not, I have yet to actually finish it. In fact, I honestly don't think I will ever. 

Currently, I am reading The Kite Runner. I am hoping this book is of the same quality of A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaleed Housini. Because, that book was really good.

After that, I plan to read Umberto Eco's, Name of the Rose. I have tried reading that book before, but that failed miserably. It was way too difficult language for my mediocre mind. And if that fails, I am then going to read either, (Note to self : all which I have to order over Amazon later today)
  • Middlesex, Jeffery Eugenides
  • The Prince, Niccoló Machiavelli ( I would so hate this book, but just because my sister insists its a good book)
  • Perfume, Story of a Murderer, by Patrick Suskind and John E. Woods
  • The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks or some mellow love story by Jodi Picoult (I have never read anything from them yet, but they seem to be the 'it' people lately. So why not right? I could always use some mushy therapy seeing that the Boy has abandoned me and left for Greece! and with only one telephone call a day, Wtheck?) Haha! Kidding! :) *coughsayangfirstcough*

Ahh, bliss :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails