Tuesday 18 August 2009

088. Lucky number?


Since I am too free, and I don't know what to blog about. But I want to blog anyways. So, hear me rant.

Now, I am going to rant about how I remembered how the number 8 was a lucky number! :) 
And incase you didn't notice, I am now on Post 88. So, maybe I'll get lucky today? 

I also remember how we were not supposed to write our names in red colour as it was the colour of death?

I also remembered how when we had our BCG's I was not allowed to eat seafood and eggs as it was thought to be, 'inflammatory' to the scar?

I also remembered how we were not allowed to celebrate Birthdays or any occasion if a close family member died that year. Which sucked for me as my Grandpa died about 10 years ago, 3 days BEFORE my Birthday.

I remembered we were not allowed to sweep the house the day prior to Chinese New Year because it would mean 'sweeping' away the good luck? 

I remembered we had so many superstitious taboos that my immediate family never really follows. :)

Now,those was some of the random things I remembered from all the taboos that we have in Malaysia, and mainly the Chinese culture. :)

Got a good hair day sort of! Volume baby! Volume!

*Lately I have been dressing on a colour code, on my Birthday it was yellow. Yesterday was pink, today is blue, tomorrow purple... and all after, is yet to be determined. But maybe at the end of the week, I can make a blog post on it! :)

2 comments:

yuvaraja said...

beautiful pictures....
amazing pictures....
i am not able to express in words

Lisa! said...

Haha! Awww, thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails