Sunday 30 August 2009

094. Scotland

The journey of Lisa and Magnar in Scotland (picture from, long time ago)

I lack pictures okay? :)

What can I say about Scotland?
It was absolutely magical! I ♥ it.
I would go back in a heartbeat!
It has to be one of the best birthday present ever!

Before, I start rambling on and on, I guess I could separate this into parts if it gets too long.

Day 1

Even though, I woke up at 3 something, my uncle and I somehow manage to miss our train from Lillestrøm that would take us to Torp. :(
I arrived, about 1 minute after the train left, and all I saw was Magnar and his Dad waiting ... :( :P
That means, Magnar and his dad as always, had to come to the rescue. 
We had to drive down to Torp.

Reached Glasgow at about 12 noon?
My journey in Scotland begins! *plays dramatic music!

Got some Starbucks, and took a rather horrible train ride to Glasgow. 
Guess all the prior excitement and waking up early, didn't settle well with me.
Got checked in to McLay's
(It was situated a little bit out of town, about 10 minutes walk?, but it was on top of the steepest heel in Glasgow!) 
Pheww! Me and hill, we just don't go well. Albeit, it was a rather nice Bed & Breakfast place! 

Well, there really isn't too much to do in Glasgow except shopping!
I didn't buy anything the first day. 
But Maggiekins, as usual spent his fortune at the Apple store down at Buchanan Street.
It was absolutely lovely to just walk about and not have a care in the world. :)

Walked, walked, walked, ate, walked, shopped, walked, Starbucks, Wagamama.

This is when things started becoming interesting.

I feel ill :(

Not just any kind of ill, like I am going to past out, I need to puke right now sort of ill.
And all this, when we were at Wagamama, the place Magnar keeps talking about all the time! 
I felt horrible having to finish up our meal quickly, so I can head back. :(
In my defense, I did try to hold out, but 20 more minutes and I am sure I would have puked or something.

After that, I pretty much slept the entire night, while Magnar went about Glasgow *coughApple-storecough* himself. :)

I had soooooo many plans for Glasgow, :( Haha! 
I wouldn't say it was a wasted day, I wish I didn't fall ill, but I had an amazing time just as it is, just strolling the streets. 
Oh well, oh well, more reasons to come back again right!
I have vowed to go to Wagamama again with Magnar and have an amazing dinner for two, someday.

The journey continues, after dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails