Thursday 11 March 2010

245. Home Remedies


So, I have decided for the sake of it, I am going to put myself up as a human guinea pig for trying out home remedies for hair care.

Dont you think this might just be a brilliant idea? And a quite stupid one all in the same time?

Well, there are quite a bit reasons for why I want to try this out. 
And ironically it all started today!

Basically, I ran out of hair conditioner since my hair shampoo to hair conditioner ratio is usually 2:1. I always run out of conditioner way before I run out of shampoo. (I truly blame this on my daily hair wash and the length of my hair)
So, I thought if only I can find a way to cut cost but still somehow manage to get a healthy looking hair, why not try it?

And this unfortunately means, "Home remedies"As they usually are "ingredients" you can easily steal of your parents/aunts kitchen. Therefore costing = close to nothing.

So, maybe for the next month. I am going to test out one famous home remedy a week and I guess we shall see if it makes a difference.

I was so eager to start on what my mum swears by in order to achieve shiny locks, Coconut milk as a substitute for conditioner. But living in the Asian household I do... we never have spare coconut milk lying about, so I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow comes.

Hrmph. My aunt's curry is such a motivation damper.

Oh, if you have a "suggestion" or wondered if something might or might not work, feel free to write me an email, drop a comment for I might take your suggestion into consideration and be your human guinea pig!

I wonder how long I can hold out before I succumb to the corporate world of Tigi Bed Head Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner. 

3 comments:

Queen Messy said...

The word "remedy" implies you want to fix something. I can't see what you would want to change about your hair, it's pretty much perfect. I get that you wanna save money but still remedies totally seems like the wrong word.

Also you SHOULD have coconut milk lying about BECAUSE you are in an asian household. Other people never use it at all. And really, in this country, is conditioner actually more expensive than coconut milk? i think they're pretty much high up price-wise.

Anyway best of luck with that. Please don't burn all your hair off! hugs :)

Lisa! said...

Haha! Coconut milk makes some sense right. Well, you study these kind of things. My rational is that it feels really oily and probably stinks a lot. But its really fatty and has loads of carbs?

Maybe I should find something with a higher level of protein instead?

And, thank you for reminding me that coconut milk is heck expensive. :P HAHA!

Alcoholism Cure said...

Hi,
Thanks for your lovely share with us. Its true that home remedies for hair growth fast is to restore the key to the locks in good condition and will be able to enjoy the benefits of various vitamins and nutrients.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails